Fiesta Corn Salad
We first had this salad at our daughter's home in California. It's wonderful with a meat-and-potatoes dinner, or served for lunch with chunks of French bread.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced green or sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients. Chill several hours before serving. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.