Fiesta Corn Salad
This salad is great for potlucks since it travels well and goes with everything. Have you heard the old wives' tale about planting corn? It says if you laugh when planting corn, it won't grow as high as you'd like!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and olives. In a small
- bowl, combine the seasoning mix, oil, vinegar and water; pour over
- corn mixture and toss to coat. Chill several hours before serving.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.