- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Fiesta Corn Chowder
"I have made this soup for years and it's our favorite. I think there was a mistake made when the recipe was converted online as this recipe is supposed to have a large can of white chunk chicken in it. My family likes it with two large cans of chicken and we garnish each bowl with crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips."
"Very good recipe. I added some leftover rice."
"My husband and I liked this recipe, but I would have liked it better with some chicken in it. Will try again."
"I add chunked onion and ham pieces to make this a full meal!"
"Okay, so I am the one who is spacey. I thought it said chicken but instead it's corn. My mistake, sorry! I must have thought it had chicken because of the broth, so...I think I will try it with shredded chicken."