Fiesta Corn Chip Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9-1/4 ounces) chili cheese-flavored corn chips, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn, cheese, red pepper, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in corn chips. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 463 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Fiesta Corn Chip Salad
"I made this for a picnic, was worried it was too heavy for the "light "eaters but it was gone before all the other salads! My future son in law asked to lick the bowl!"
"This is pretty darn good! Couldn't find Chili Cheese Fritos so I just used regular ones and added a bit of chili powder. Also just added the Fritos as a garnish to the top cause I didn't want them to get soggy! Added some Vidalia onion and a few halved cherry tomatoes as well."
"my supervisor made this for our carry in last Friday I ate so much it was s o good. she told me to get it here, it was good however I was sad to see the calorie count Lol! she did use light mayo!"
"My daughter and I loved it."
"I've been making this recipe for years. And have since just tweaked it just a tad. Not much. Normally red bells are more expensive in my neck of the woods, so I usually add small diced green bells, and about a 1/2 tsp of cumin. But as is, the recipe is a keeper. Originally a family friend brought over the dish and that's how it came to be loved by my family. It's soo simple."
"Been making a version of this for years now. I sometimes use half lite sour cream for some that mayo-and for sure use light mayo in the recipe. It's amazing."