- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the cheeses, chilies and pimientos.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Corn Bread
"This is a GREAT recipe. but i made the following changes. i used chopped (Jar)jalopenos instead of chilis. and Red BellPepper chopped fine, instead of pimentos... also ended up using 3/4 cup more cornmeal, because i mixed alltogether before i added the wet ingrediants. i'll learn."