Fiesta Chorizo-Chicken Soup Recipe
Just place some crusty rolls on the table when you serve this soup and you'll have a hearty, comforting meal that will chase away winter's chill. The slightly spicy soup is chock-full of veggies.—Kathy Rodenbeck, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo, casings removed or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1. Crumble chorizo into a Dutch oven. Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until chorizo is fully cooked. Drain; remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in oil until no longer pink. Add sweet potatoes, corn and red pepper; cook 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir in the chorizo mixture, broth, beans, tomatoes, V8 juice and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted. Yield: 12 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
1-1/2 cup: 336 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Fiesta Chorizo-Chicken Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC