Fiesta Chopped Salad
"We serve this colorful garden feast when we find vegetables that are bursting with flavor," writes Merwyn Garbini from her home in Tuscon, Arizona. The dressing makes the fresh salad a welcome addition to most any entree.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper;
- shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Toss avocado
- with lemon juice; sprinkle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,