- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Toss avocado with lemon juice; sprinkle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Chopped Salad
Sort By :
"I really liked the crunchy combination of veggies, and the refreshing light dressing. A simple but tasty salad."
"I had everything to make it except a yellow bell, and the zucchini. So my review is without those two items. Since it was only the two of us, it would've made way too much anyway. The salad was so pretty and colorful and tasted fresh and light, the dressing was very subtle letting you savor all the individual flavors of each crispy ingredient. I will certainly try this again when I have all the pepper and zucchini, but it was still wonderful without them."