"We serve this colorful garden feast when we find vegetables that are bursting with flavor," writes Merwyn Garbini from her home in Tuscon, Arizona. The dressing makes the fresh salad a welcome addition to most any entree.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Toss avocado with lemon juice; sprinkle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Chopped Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p35
Reviews for Fiesta Chopped Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review