Fiesta Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soups, tomatoes, picante sauce, green pepper, onion and chili powder. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla strips, chicken, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken
"quick to put together. I was nervous to make it as the tortillas might get soggy which my husband doesn't like. The first night, the tortillas were fine, but I think there were too many. I would use less next time. By the time the leftovers were eaten, the tortillas were soggy so I won't be making this again."
"never fail, a meal that everyone will love."
"Everyone that tried it, really liked it!i was at first a little scared as its texture was like a pot pie, other than that was pretty good!"
"Made exactly as the recipe calls and it was delicious!! Thank you!"
"I was a little scared on how my family would like this one as they tend to be wary of casseroles that they can't tell what's in them, but they all liked it and declared it a keeper. When I find a good deal on chicken breasts, I always dice and cook some to keep on hand in the freezer, so this recipe was really easy for me to put together and it tasted great!!!! The tortilla strips held up great and I think that was everyone's favorite part. Will make again (and again, and again)!"
"I make this recipe often for event gatherings. It is always fully consumed and every time someone asks for the recipe. It is a crowd pleaser."
"Deee-licious! Like a mexican version of lasagna. I wasn't sure about adding the tortilla strips - I was afraid they would be mushy ... or hard. But they were perfect, as was the flavors and the heat. A great dish and one I'll be making again and again."