- 1 Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with chili seasonings
- 2 teaspoons chopped, canned or fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut in 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shake flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch or larger baking pan at least 2 inches deep.
- Add tomatoes, jalapenos and salt to oven bag. Squeeze bag to blend in flour. Add black beans and chicken to bag. Turn bag to coat chicken and beans with sauce. Arrange ingredients in an even layer in bag; top with yellow pepper.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 180°F. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Chicken with Peppers & Black Beans in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p54
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken with Peppers & Black Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review