Fiesta Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, corn, rice, chilies and remaining fajita seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the soup, cilantro, lime juice and chicken; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken Chowder
Sort By :
We loved this. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe!
Really, really enjoyed this. My husband couldn't keep his spoon out of the soup pot! It was very easy to make and a very filling meal. I made my own fajita seasoning and it was just the right amount of spice.
Very delicious, but was too peppery to thoroughly enjoy. I don't know if it was the Rotel I used because I couldn't find Mexican stewed tomatoes, or the fajita mix. Any ideas out there? Will definitely make it again, but will try mild taco seasoning instead. Our mouths were on fire! lol lol
This recipe is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. It's in my recipe keeper permanently.
This was EXCELLENT!! I loved it and will definitely make again. The flavors blended perfectly. I didn't have Mexicorn, so I just used regular canned corn. I also accidentally added one packet of taco seasoning to the chicken/flour mixture instead of 2 TB. I'd serve this with mexican cornbread, and tortilla chips, and sour cream on the side!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Rice Recipes >