Fiesta Chicken Burritos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes
- Place chicken in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, jalapeno and seasonings; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; add toppings of your choice. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken Burritos
Sort By :
"Really good. I made the burrito mix and then put it in oven-baked taco shell bowls. Kids enjoyed it for family fun night."
"Based on the original recipe instructions, I give this a 3 star rating because it would have been a very soupy mess. I also drained mine before adding the cream cheese which gave it the perfect consistency. Otherwise, it tastes really good and I will make it again."
"It looks and smells great, but I'm worried as it seems Very soupy. I've added the cream cheese, which has melted, but it didn't thicken like I thought it would. Did anyone else have this happen? And is it a problem? I may just end up rolling mixture in tortillas, put in a 9x13 and pour excess liquid on top. Turn it into an enchilada bake of some sort."
"I make this often. It is so easy and delicious!"
"I made this a couple nights ago. Tasted great. Was so easy . I even put my chicken in about half frozen and cooked on low for 5-6 hours. I had about a 2.2 Lb. pack of chicken breast and turned out great just put in a couple extra ounces of cream cheese. Also a little squeeze of fresh squeezed lime juice & avocado was great on top after filling. We also top our tacos and burritos with cabbage mix, taste great & gives a nice crunch. Will make again."