Fiesta Chicken Bundles Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups salsa verde, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Southwestern black beans, warmed
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the tortillas, cheese and 1/2 cup salsa verde. Spoon tortilla mixture down the center of each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Combine cornmeal and garlic salt in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with cornmeal mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the water, marmalade, chili powder and remaining salsa to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- 4. Top chicken with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with beans. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 760 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 1,356 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 16 g fiber, 59 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.