Fiesta Chicken Bundles for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) pepper Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the tortillas, cheese and 1/3 cup salsa verde. Spoon tortilla mixture down the center of each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Combine cornmeal and garlic salt in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with cornmeal mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the water, marmalade, chili powder and remaining salsa to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- 4. Serve chicken with beans; top with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 707 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1300mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 16g fiber), 55g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken Bundles for Two
"It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good. I picked the recipe out of the magazine simply because it seemed easy and we had all the ingredients on hand."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.