Fiesta Chicken and Black Beans
Turn boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a healthful one-pot meal with plump GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans, sweet red onion, crunchy red bell pepper, and creamy avocado. Add your favorite salad or cornbread for a sensational black bean chicken dinner in just 30 minutes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 avocado, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season
- chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken, flipping once, until golden brown
- on both sides and cooked through, 5- 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to
- plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add onions and peppers. Cook,
- stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in black beans and
- corn. Continue cooking until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove
- pan from heat. Stir in avocado, lemon juice and cilantro until
- Divide chicken among serving plates; top with black bean mixture.