Fiesta Cheesy Potatoes
Potatoes, corn and cheese combine in this cheesy side dish. Serve it alongside any kind of eggs.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes and onion in
- butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the corn,
- chilies, salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and
- lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for
- 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.