Fiesta Cheese Rice
"I usually serve this spicy rice side dish alongside chicken enchiladas or tacos for a great Mexican meal," writes Sarah Rodefeld of Maud, Oklahoma.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, tomatoes and bouillon; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave
- on high for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of
- cheese; mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and
- microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 268 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.