"I usually serve this spicy rice side dish alongside chicken enchiladas or tacos for a great Mexican meal," writes Sarah Rodefeld of Maud, Oklahoma.
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, tomatoes and bouillon; mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese; mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Cheese Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p55
Reviews for Fiesta Cheese Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review