- 3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, tomatoes and bouillon; mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese; mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Cheese Rice
Sort By :
I've been making this for years since I got the issue in 2002 and I love it! I've added a bit more spice to it sometimes but the original is awesome too! One of my faves! Thank you to the original submitter! - Jamie/indiana
This was so tasty, plus easy and quick to make. I needed something that would go together fast to accompany meat on one of my nights when i was uninspired but tired of the same old same old same old......filled the bill wonderfully! This would be great with Mexican food too.
This was so easy and delicious. I actually cooked in my Turbo Cooker because I do not prefer microwave but I used 10 minute brown rice and 75% reduced fat cheddar and added a cup of baby carrots, a small onion, chopped and two cloves of minced garlic to round it off. Served it with boneless pork chops and was amazed how the flavors popped! I would definitely make this again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >