Fiesta Cheese Ball
Whenever I bring this zippy cheese ball to church functions, showers and parties, folks always ask for the recipe. A deliciously different appetizer, it makes even a plain plate of crackers seem festive.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the cheese, cilantro, onion,
- chili powder. garlic. garlic salt. oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin
- and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons cheese ball (calculated without crackers) equals 79 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium,