Whenever I bring this zippy cheese ball to church functions, showers and parties, folks always ask for the recipe. A deliciously different appetizer, it makes even a plain plate of crackers seem festive.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the cheese, cilantro, onion, chili powder. garlic. garlic salt. oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Originally published as Fiesta Cheese Ball in Country Woman January/February 2001, p31
Reviews for Fiesta Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review