I get a kick out of making breakfast for a crowd when I have weekend guests, and my family also loves breakfast for dinner. I created this dish by combining my family's favorite southwest flavors in an all-in-one-pan recipe.—Whitney Gilbert, Smithville, Missouri
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) refrigerated corn biscuits
- 3 cups frozen seasoning blend vegetables (about 14 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut biscuits into quarters; arrange evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with vegetables and shredded cheese. Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings; pour evenly over layers. Top with salsa.
- Bake, uncovered, until casserole is browned and middle set, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top servings with fresh cilantro leaves and additional salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Breakfast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p27
Reviews for Fiesta Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review