Fiesta Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over black bean mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 131 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Fiesta Black Bean Salad
"I added a finely chopped jalapeno pepper and used red onion. Delicious with just the right amount of spicy."
"I use canned tomatoes to make this quicker. It get better as it sits in the fridge. Yum!"