Fiesta Black Bean Salad Recipe
After building up hearty appetites, the crew on my husband's commercial fishing boat enjoys sitting down to this slightly spicy salad. It's a real crowd-pleaser.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over black bean mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 131 calories, 93 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC