After building up hearty appetites, the crew on my husband's commercial fishing boat enjoys sitting down to this slightly spicy salad. It's a real crowd-pleaser.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over black bean mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Black Bean Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p55
Reviews for Fiesta Black Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2013
"I added a finely chopped jalapeno pepper and used red onion. Delicious with just the right amount of spicy."
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2012
"I use canned tomatoes to make this quicker. It get better as it sits in the fridge. Yum!"