- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- Place round steak in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Add beans to tomato mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. When cool enough to handle, slice meat. In individual bowls, layer the rice, meat and bean mixture. Top with cheese, olives, onions and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Beef Bowls
Sort By :
"Love! It's so easy and delicious! I have tweaked it to make it my own by using black beans & pinto and replaced pepper with fajita seasoning. The rice is also good with some cilantro & lime."
"I've made the several times. Super easy. Fantastic taste!"
"I ended up making this on the stove top with thin sliced round steak and it was still delicious even without the rice!"
"I love this! Great for football games"
"The sauce part was very good but the meat was horribly dry which seems impossible with the amount of liquid in there. I even used top sirloin. Maybe boneless chicken breast would be better."