Fiesta Beef Bowls Recipe
This easy entree will knock your socks off. Zesty ingredients turn round steak into a phenomenal meal-in-one. Deborah Linn - Valdez, Alaska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- 1. Place round steak in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat from slow cooker. Add beans to tomato mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. When cool enough to handle, slice meat. In individual bowls, layer the rice, meat and bean mixture. Top with cheese, olives, onions and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 460 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC