Fiesta Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 Triscuits or other crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, green chilies and cumin. Place eight crackers in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the bean mixture; layer with remaining crackers and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise and egg; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 561 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1103mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Bean Casserole
"I ended up making this in an 8x8 dish with just one layer. It is a little bland for my taste but chives added a little more flavor. Next time I'll use garlic, chives, and maybe throw on some chopped tomatoes before serving."