Fiesta Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 Triscuits or other crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, green chilies and cumin. Place eight crackers in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the bean mixture; layer with remaining crackers and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise and egg; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise; calculated without sour cream and olives) equals 561 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 1,103 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Bean Casserole
"I ended up making this in an 8x8 dish with just one layer. It is a little bland for my taste but chives added a little more flavor. Next time I'll use garlic, chives, and maybe throw on some chopped tomatoes before serving."