- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Spread rye bread slices with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture; place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 3 minutes or until bubbly. May be frozen and broiled without thawing. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fiesta Appetizers
"This recipe, minus the onion and plus 1t of garlic powder, has been used in our family for 30+ years. We always have them on hand in the freezer for a quick appetizer for pop-in guests. They always get raves reviews and often requested when we go to parties."