The fact that these go from freezer to oven means less last-minute kitchen fuss...and more time to spend with guests!Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese,
- Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Spread rye bread slices with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture; place
- on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 3 minutes or until
- bubbly. May be frozen and broiled without thawing. If desired,
- sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 270 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.