Fiesta Appetizers Recipe
The fact that these go from freezer to oven means less last-minute kitchen fuss...and more time to spend with guests!—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- 2. Spread rye bread slices with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture; place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 3 minutes or until bubbly. May be frozen and broiled without thawing. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
3 each: 270 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Appetizers
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC