The fact that these go from freezer to oven means less last-minute kitchen fuss...and more time to spend with guests!—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Spread rye bread slices with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture; place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 3 minutes or until bubbly. May be frozen and broiled without thawing. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Fiesta Appetizers in Country Ground Beef 1993, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fiesta Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review