This dip is always a big hit with men—maybe because of the hearty blend of flavors. It stands up great as a leftover besides...if there's any left over. I was raised on a Montana ranch, and my grandmother taught me to cook when I was 10 years old. My husband and I (we have one married daughter) are retired now. To stay active, I bowl and do crafts. My collection of cookbooks keeps right on growing, too—I started it more than 50 years ago.
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Combine beans and taco seasoning. Spread mixture on a round 12-in. serving platter. Mash avocados with lemon juice. Spread over beans. Spread sour cream over avocado. Sprinkle olives, chilies, tomatoes, onions and cheese over sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Appetizer in Country Woman January/February 1992, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Fiesta Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review