Fiery Skewered Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, garlic, pepper flakes and ginger. Add shrimp; stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Thread shrimp and green peppers alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Fiery Skewered Shrimp
"I added extra spice because I did not find these "fiery", but otherwise an excellent recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.