Fiery Skewered Shrimp
This easy-to-make entree gets its great taste from a simple yet spicy marinade. You can broil the kabobs or throw them on the grill outside. We like to serve the shrimp on a bed of greens.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, garlic, pepper flakes and ginger.
- Add shrimp; stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp and green peppers alternately on metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 2-3 minutes longer or
- until shrimp turn pink. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot