- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, garlic, pepper flakes and ginger. Add shrimp; stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp and green peppers alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiery Skewered Shrimp in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fiery Skewered Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2009
"I added extra spice because I did not find these "fiery", but otherwise an excellent recipe."