This easy-to-make entree gets its great taste from a simple yet spicy marinade. You can broil the kabobs or throw them on the grill outside. We like to serve the shrimp on a bed of greens.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, garlic, pepper flakes and ginger. Add shrimp; stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp and green peppers alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiery Skewered Shrimp in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fiery Skewered Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review