Fiery Pumpkin Seeds
These spicy seeds from our Taste of Home Test Kitchen will warm you when cooler temperatures come to call. Take note: little ones may find them too hot for their liking.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with hot sauce. Combine the
- chili powder, salt, cumin, cayenne and pepper; sprinkle over seeds
- and toss to coat. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are
- lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.