These spicy seeds from our Taste of Home Test Kitchen will warm you when cooler temperatures come to call. Take note: little ones may find them too hot for their liking.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with hot sauce. Combine the chili powder, salt, cumin, cayenne and pepper; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Fiery Pumpkin Seeds in Backyard Living September/October 2006, p42
Reviews for Fiery Pumpkin Seeds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review