Fiery Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
This hearty and colorful main-course salad is easy to throw together when I get home from work, because it uses canned black beans and Mexicorn and packaged chicken breast strips. I sometimes add a can of ripe olives and fresh cherry tomatoes from our garden.
- 6 frozen breaded spicy chicken breast strips, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Heat chicken strips in a microwave according to package directions. Meanwhile, arrange the spinach on individual plates; top with tomato, green pepper, carrots, beans and corn.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Place chicken over salads. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 253 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Fiery Chicken Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC