Fiddlehead Soup Recipe
- 1 cup fiddleheads or sliced fresh asparagus
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the fiddleheads, mushrooms, leeks and onions in butter until the onions are tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the flour, salt and cayenne. Gradually add the milk and broth, stirring until blended. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 370 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Fiddlehead Soup
"This is the best! I've been making it for years."