Fiddlehead Shrimp Salad Recipe
Fiddleheads are your, tightly curled fronds from bracken, ostrich and cinnamon ferns that sprout in moist fields and open wooded areas. Each spring, fiddleheads are prepared in dozens of ways—from soups to cakes— at the Fiddlehead Festival in my home state.—Wilma Johnson, Thorndike, Maine
- 3 cups fiddlehead ferns
- 1 cup cooked shell macaroni
- 1/2 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ferns in a small amount of water until tender. Drain. Toss with all remaining ingredients. Chill. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiddlehead Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p45
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fiddlehead Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review