When I was pregnant with my first daughter I had to limit my fat intake due to health problems. I still wanted delicious meals that were great for entertaining so I started making this Alfredo for special occasions. —Jackie Price, Trenton, Missouri
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add milk and salt. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Whisk in sour cream. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet with shrimp and crab. Heat through. Stir in basil. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Seafood Alfredo in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p24
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fettucine Seafood Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review