Fettuccini Primavera with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 12-in. nonstick skillet, saute red pepper in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, onions, asparagus, broth, lemon juice, salt, thyme and lemon peel. Cook for 1 minute or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in peas; saute for 1 minute or until heated through. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and chicken is no longer pink.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain the fettuccine and add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 274 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Fettuccini Primavera with Lemon Sauce
"I've made this with and without the chicken. Both versions are really good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.