Fettuccine with Sausage and Leeks
This 20-minute dinner has been a lifesaver for us for over 25 years. It's a favorite of most of the men who've tried it.—Mary Jane McConahay of Indianapolis, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook sausage and leeks over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink and leeks are tender; drain. Add mushrooms; cook for
- 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cream. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup meat sauce with 1 cup fettuccine equals 577 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.