Fettuccine with Sausage and Leeks Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and leeks over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and leeks are tender; drain. Add mushrooms; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in cream. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through (do not boil).
- 3. Drain fettuccine; serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup meat sauce with 1 cup fettuccine equals 577 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.