- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) porter beer
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and red pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, beer, mushrooms, olives, capers and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Porter Beer Meat Ragu in TasteofHome.com 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Porter Beer Meat Ragu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review