Fettuccine with Green Vegetables Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- Additional shredded Romano cheese, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the peas, salt, pepper and asparagus; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the cheese, parsley and chives. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without additional Romano cheese) equals 176 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Green Vegetables
"This pasta dish was delicious! A great way to combine veggies and pasta without a whole lot of sauce. Will definitely make again!"