Fettuccine with Green Vegetables Recipe
Says Susan McCartney of Onalaska, Wisconsin: “I like to serve this rich side with many different entrees. It’s special even with burgers, and I always get requests for the recipe!” TASTY TIP Not sure what to do with extra asparagus? Use it as a light quiche filler, grill for a quick and simple side dish or tuck into an omelet for an elegant touch.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- Additional shredded Romano cheese, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the peas, salt, pepper and asparagus; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the cheese, parsley and chives. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Green Vegetables in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p23
Reviews for Fettuccine with Green Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
"This pasta dish was delicious! A great way to combine veggies and pasta without a whole lot of sauce. Will definitely make again!"