Fettuccine with Chicken Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until juices run clear. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet. Add milk and margarine. Stir in cheese topping, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving equals 282 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.