Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts
To separate the leaves from the brussels sprouts, cut off the stem end to loosen the leaves. Then separate them with your fingers.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cored and separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain fettuccine; add to
- the skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 592 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.