Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cored and separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain fettuccine; add to the skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 592 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts
"This was a very good side dish."
"quick and easy, great side dish!"
"My children actually said that they liked brussels sprouts after eating this dish! Very good as side dish to Bruschetta Chicken recipe!"
"This was fantastic!! Two things I did differently. I used shells instead of fettuchini. I thought it would be easier to eat as a side dish that way. And, I used pecans instead of walnuts. There was not one crumb left!! I will SO do this again and again!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.