To separate the leaves from the brussels sprouts, cut off the stem end to loosen the leaves. Then separate them with your fingers.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cored and separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain fettuccine; add to the skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p196
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review