Fettuccine with Blue Cheese Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients on low speed for 2 minutes or until blended. Fold in fettuccine. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 298 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Fettuccine with Blue Cheese
"This was disappointing. I love blue cheese but the recipe doesn't showcase its flavour. It's eggy and dull - needs lots more character than it has."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.