Fettuccine with Blue Cheese
This fabulous fettuccine from Phyllis Ciardo of Albany, California is extra cheesy and nicely seasoned with herbs. No one would guess it's lower in fat than the traditionally rich and creamy Italian restaurant specialty.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients on low speed for 2
- minutes or until blended. Fold in fettuccine. Transfer to a 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 298 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.