This fabulous fettuccine from Phyllis Ciardo of Albany, California is extra cheesy and nicely seasoned with herbs. No one would guess it's lower in fat than the traditionally rich and creamy Italian restaurant specialty.
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients on low speed for 2 minutes or until blended. Fold in fettuccine. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Blue Cheese in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p45
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Blue Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review