Fettuccine with Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the pasta sauce, black beans and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain fettuccine. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup pasta with 3/4 cup sauce and 3 tablespoons cheese equals 350 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.