Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce
Clams, garlic, bacon and Parmesan cheese flavor this hearty pasta dish from Darlene Hicks. “It's been a favorite for years,” she writes from her home in Arcata, California. “A side salad and garlic bread complete the meal.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain
- clams, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the
- butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper, clams and reserved juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Add bacon. Drain fettuccine; stir into sauce.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 674 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium,